Not all healthcare providers that use Mend offer On Demand video appointments. If you are unsure if this is available to you, please contact your healthcare provider directly.
How to Schedule an "On Demand" Appointment
If you are in the Self-Scheduling Appointment Booking Process, and you select the option to be seen immediately, you will be routed to the Virtual Waiting Room.
The next steps look like this:
- Your browser, camera, microphone, speakers, and internet connection will be tested for video visit compatibility.
- For more information about the Connection Test as well as tips for a successful connection, check out this article.
- When you pass the connection test, you will be prompted to review and confirm your appointment details. Scroll to the bottom of the Confirm Appointment Details page and select "Book."
- You may be prompted to complete intake forms, if applicable.
- In most cases, you will be brought directly into the Virtual Waiting Room.
- Depending on your healthcare organization's preferences and your device capabilities, some mobile users are directed to download and open the Mend Telemedicine App and input a unique access code.
- The Virtual Waiting Room screen you see here depends on your healthcare organization's preferences. You may see a blank screen, specific instructions from your healthcare organization, or you may see sponsored or educational content.
- If you can see yourself in a smaller window on the left side of the screen, you are connected successfully and in the right place.
- Remain on constant internet access and a provider will be with you as soon as one becomes available.