A new accessibility feature may be used by patients and providers alike to generate real-time captions within Mend Video Visits.
Live video captioning in English is available in the Chrome web browser for desktop or laptop computers running Windows, Mac, ChromeOS, or Linux operating systems, as well as Google Pixel mobile devices running Pixel 2 or higher.
Here's how you can enable Live Captions in Google Chrome:
- Open your Google Chrome web browser.
- At the top right of your screen, tap the three vertical dots to open the drop-down menu.
- If you see the option to update Chrome at the top of the menu, please click it. You will need the most recent version of Google Chrome to enable Live Captions.
- Near the bottom of the drop-down menu, select "Settings."
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and tap "Advanced" to expand the Advanced Settings.
- In the "Accessibility" section, tap the button across from "Live Caption" to toggle it on.
- If you have already started your Video Visit in Mend, or if you are watching a video in the Instant Virtual Exam Room, you may need to refresh your browser window to see the live captions.
For an instructional video, please click here to view a video clip on Google's YouTube page.