Not all healthcare providers that use Mend offer services on demand, and those that do usually have set hours when providers are available for immediate video connections. If you are unsure if this is available to you, please contact your healthcare provider directly.
This article describes On Demand scheduling. If your provider or healthcare organization has given you a direct Waiting Room Link (ex: mend.com/DrSmithUrgentCare ) you may bypass the On Demand scheduling step! Just click the link, provide a little bit of information, and connect!
How to Schedule an "On Demand" Appointment
Follow the steps in the patient self-scheduling process, and select the option to be seen immediately. If the service is available, you will be routed into the Virtual Waiting Room.
The next steps look like this:
- We may test your browser, camera, microphone, speakers, and internet connection for video visit capability.
- For more information about the Connection Test as well as tips for a successful connection, check out this article.
- We'll ask you to confirm your appointment details. Scroll to the bottom of the Confirm Appointment Details page and select "Book."
- If your healthcare provider requires intake forms before your visit, we'll open them for you to complete while you wait.
- Next, we'll bring you into the Virtual Waiting Room.
- The Virtual Waiting Room screen depends on your healthcare organization's preferences. You may see a blank screen, specific instructions from your healthcare organization, or you may see a library of video content to browse while you wait.
- If you can see yourself in a smaller window on the left side of the screen, you are connected successfully and in the right place.
Once you are in the Virtual Waiting Room, remain on constant internet access and a provider will be with you as soon as one becomes available.